Friday, September 18, 2009

BBQ Chicken Pizza




I was bored with every flavor combination I had come up with recently and decided to make a BBQ Chicken Pizza. I liked it well enough from when I worked at CPK and figured it wouldn't bore me. I love the way cilantro, red onions, and bbq sauce taste together.

1 frozen pizza dough ball, thawed and let rest
1 T olive oil
Garlic Salt

8-10 oz. Chicken Breast, boneless skinless
1 cup bbq sauce (your favorite! I used 1/2 honey and 1/2 Open Pit Original)
Bunch of cilantro, chopped
1/2 Red Onion, diced finely
2 cups shredded mozzarella

2 T Ranch Salad Dressing (high quality, don't use Fat Free or Kraft -- they taste so bad that they aren't worth it)

Stretch or roll out the pizza dough to fit the size of your pizza pan. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle crust with garlic salt.
Put in a preheated 400 degree oven for 4-5 mins.

Grill/poach chicken breast, dice, and toss in BBQ Sauce.

Pour chicken and sauce over the crust, sprinkle with a lot of shredded mozzarella and diced red onion.

Put back in the oven for another 10-12 minutes.

After the pizza is golden brown and melty, sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve with Ranch for dipping.

I like to have a nice green salad with this pizza.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am trying this tonight! I think it will be great for the kids to help me make it and something different that we will all enjoy! Thanks for the yummy looking recipes!!