Saturday, March 29, 2008

Grilled Chicken with Pesto



Can you tell I have a lot of fresh basil on hand?
I forgot to bring it to Christmas up north with Jon's parents, and with him away in Conneticut, I need to use it fast (before I go to join him!). So, pesto it is.

Pesto:
Basil, olive oil, garlic, parmesan, squeeze of lemon, garlic salt and some water to make it move all thrown into a blender and blended until smooth. I leave out the pine nuts not because I don't love them but I try to save $$$.

Grilled Chicken:
2 thick cut chicken breasts (I take the left overs for lunch!)
1/4 lb. asaragus
5-6 sundried tomatoes (Meijer has really inexpensive sundried tomatoes in the produce section)

Grill the chicken with a little oil, and throw the asparagus on the grill too.
You might want to steep the sundried tomatoes in a touch of hot water for 5 mins while the chicken is cooking -- or not. I say not.

Put the asparagus on the plate along with the chicken, top it all with sliced sundried tomatoes, lots of pesto sauce and some parmesan cheese.

A good low carb alternative to pesto with pasta!

No comments: